Brian Chesky: One of among World’s Greatest Leaders:
He who is not courageous enough to take risks will accomplish nothing in life- Muhammad Ali.
Seems like some people strongly believe the quote and take big risks to achieve bigger in their life. Just like Brian Chesky did. He is a young entrepreneur who took the risk of introducing something very unique and built a startup from scratch.
CEO and Co-founder of Airbnb:
Entitled as one of the youngest person going to be a billionaire in 2014, Brian has a net worth of $3.8 billion in 2017. Born on August 29, 1980, Brian was a creative and exceptional child. He had a great interest in fine arts, designing, painting, and drawing. This interest later led his way towards finding Airbnb.He chooses Fine Arts as a subject and got his bachelor’s degree in industrial designing from RISD.
Early Career Highlights:
As far his early career is concerned he utilized his skills of industrial designing at 3DID Inc.company. According to Brian he always used to compare himself to other successful people to find out the difference between the status of him and them. He uses to wonder that what key point led other people to enter the silicon valley.
A Step Towards Fulfilling The Dream:
Then he came up with the idea of hospitality exchange service and hit the world hard with his unique startup. Though it was a great risk what he and his co-founders took as it usually sounds crazy that you are going to rent your home apartment or room to someone unknown having the reference of some internet website.
Believing in the risks of life their efforts paid off. Now their company Airbnb is the top trend as peer to peer room and home rental service. The listings of the company have reached of about 3 million+ and the service reach out has extended over 190+ countries worldwide.
Brian and his roommate Gebbia stemmed the idea of home rent service from overbooked hotels all over the city during peak times. The tested the functionality of their approach by renting their room to three guests at first with the theme Airbeds and breakfast. The successful accomplishment of the first task urged them to come forward professionally in the sector.
Joined by the third co-founder Nathan they tossed the marketing theme for funding through a special edition of cereals as Obama O’s and Cap’ n McCain’s. Y Combinator was the first company to offer seed funding to Airbnb. This paved the way of Airbnb towards a continuous success.
— Paul Grondahl (@PaulGrondahl) July 28, 2017
Milestones of Airbnb:
- Official sponsor of 2016 summer Olympics Brazil.
- Crossed the residential figure of about 120000 during FIFA world cup 2014.
- Improved features like escrow payment, theft safety professional photography services.
- Being among the top companies participating in shared economy.
- Inc.s company of the year 2014.
- Worth around $31billion as per its new valuation.
Things to know about Brian:
A homeless entrepreneur living in a rental apartment made his problem into solving others through his creative skills.
Now he is among one of the best tech entrepreneurs of silicon valley. He has a long list of key achievements. On the list of Forbes:
- Stands no 8 in the score of Self Made Persons.
- No 4 in America’s under 40 Richest Entrepreneurs.
- Stands no 60 in Richest Tech Personals 2016.
- Listed as Global Game Changer in 2016.
- Holds the spot of no 474 worldwide and no 168 US in the list of Billionaires 2017.
- Earned the recognition in 2015 of Time’s 100 most influential people.
- Has been named as Ambassador of Global Entrepreneurship by Ex US president Barack Obama.